- Provide entire manuscript in one document
- Double space the manuscript and use a size 12 font
- Avoid using the space bar to indent paragraphs. Use the TAB button or the automatic feature
- Begin new chapters on a new page.
Number chapters - Fiction
Chapter title under chapter number - Nonfiction
- Each page should contain a page header including title of book and author’s last name
- Page numbers on each page
- Table of contents should be complete minus page numbers
- Illustrations and/or photos do not need to be included in manuscript. Where you want illustrations and/or photos to go simply put “Place illustration here & the number." At the end of manuscript you can display all illustrations and/or photos in numerical order.
- Footnotes need to be converted to endnotes
- If using Bible verses, please say which Bible version you are using
- Avoid overuse of italics and bold